Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site retains all rights, including copyright, to text, images, logos, and any other information on the website.
Visitors may not copy, display, distribute, download, license, modify, perform, publish, reproduce, sell, transfer, transmit, or otherwise use any content or images from the website for anything other than personal or educational use without the express written consent of the Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site. Reproduction of any material on this website for use on a personal website is strictly prohibited. Any commercial use or publication of material from this website is strictly prohibited. Those wishing to use materials presented on the website are responsible for obtaining permission from the Museum and all other applicable third-party copyright holders.
Reproduction of Site Photography: Policies and Procedures
Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site
30 Ramey St., Collinsville, IL 62234
(618) 346-5160; Fax (618) 346-5162
Reproductions of photographic materials existing in the site files or on the website will be made subject to the restrictions and procedures below. All requests should include a description of the project (book, article, exhibit, etc.) in which our images will be used, the individual, company or institution requesting the image(s), the format required (digital/dpi size, slide, print, transparency) and contact information. Unless other arrangements have been made, one-time usage is agreed to; additional usage must be requested in writing or by email.
A. ART WORK
1. Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site and/or the Illinois Historic Preservation Agency currently own the rights for reproduction of certain artists' renderings of Cahokia. Images of these artworks are available as described below through a written or email request.
2. Other artwork may be available to which we do not hold reproduction rights or images of the art may have been produced by a third party. No illustrations of commercially produced artwork or images of the artwork (e.g. posters, postcards, slide sets) will be provided without a receipt of a copy of a written agreement between the artist or copyright holder and the requesting party.
B. DIGITAL IMAGES, COLOR SLIDES, COLOR OR BLACK-AND-WHITE PRINTS, COLOR TRANSPARENCIES
1. All requests for photographs, slides or transparencies must be received in writing or email with an explanation of the project and intended use of the images.
2. No original slides, negatives, or transparencies will be sent from the site files; duplicates will be sent.
3. Copies of slides, black and white or color prints will be made upon request or sent from existing duplicate stock for the cost of reproduction and postage/handling. Allow two weeks if new duplicates are to be made. Currently, digital images and slides are $5.00 each and the cost for prints varies. Digital images can be sent by email or on a CD.
4. Several 4x5 color transparencies are available for some of the original artwork that was made into photomurals in the Interpretive Center. These are available for loan only, and must be returned, and there is a $30.00 loan fee. The Cahokia Mounds Museum Shop sells several 5-slide sets, including artifacts, excavations, exhibits and dioramas, etc. These may be used for personal use only and may not be reproduced without permission and fees through the Cahokia Mounds Museum Society (CMMS) and Art Grossman PhotoEditions, who hold joint copyright to the image productions. For more information, contact the Executive Director, CMMS, 30 Ramey Street, Collinsville, IL 62234, (618) 344-7316.
5. If photographs are required of items, views or places not already on file, the requestor will have to take photographs in person or hire a commercial photographer. Arrangements must be made with site personnel and a Photography Permit should be obtained and filled out prior to photographic sessions.
6. Credit line should read: Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site, unless otherwise noted. Photos of artwork should also credit the name of the artist.
Slides & Digital: $5.00 fee will be charged for each digital image or slide used. Sometimes a selection of several images may be sent and the customer will choose which ones they wish to use and pay for only those items used.
4x5" Color Transparencies: $30 loan fee for each transparency sent and the transparencies must be returned. Transparencies are available for several artists' renderings of ancient Cahokia.
Prints: $12 each. A limited number of Color and Black and White prints are available of some artists' images and certain site views and artifacts. Most are 8x10" or proportional to the original image size.
Checks or money orders (cash cannot be accepted) for all photographic images should be made out to the Cahokia Mounds Museum Society. Payment by foreign persons or groups should be in U.S. funds only. Mail payment to Cahokia Mounds State Historic Site, Public Relations, 30 Ramey Street, Collinsville, IL 62234.
Payment using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover card may be made by calling (618) 344-7316.